The Underlying Benefits of a Garage Conversion
Garages are usually one of the most underused spaces in a home. However, it can be easily converted into a living space, thereby allowing you to add more value to your home. You just need to hire the best home remodeling Los Angeles experts for the project and transform that seldom-used space in your home into an extra room. Below are a few ideas to turn your garage space into a practical living space.
How to Use your Garage Space
Garages usually fall into three main categories in the US: attached, detached, and integral. Attached and integral garages are the ones that are connected to the house, typically at one side. They often project out from the front of the building, having a room above it. Detached garages, on the contrary, are not connected to the main structure of the house. Therefore, you would need to get the required permissions to convert the separate space into a living room. In any case, you can transform your home garage into any of the following spaces.
- Home Office: Converting your garage space into a home office is the most excellent option today. This way, you can use the extra space in the best way possible, and it works perfectly regardless of what type of garage you have.
- Dining Room: If your home has an attached or integral garage, it can serve well as a dining room. You can even knock down the wall between the kitchen and the garage to create a larger space.
- Storage: You can always use your garage for storage purposes. If you already use it to store your car, you can install cabinets in the garage to properly organize and store other tools and equipment in the available space. If you do not own a car or use the garage to store a car, you can easily convert the area into a storage or utility room with the help of home remodeling experts.
- Kid’s Bedroom: An attached or integral garage can also be transformed into a bedroom for your kids. This way, you can not only allow them to have their own independent space, but also keep the inevitable noise of your kids playing away from your bedroom.
- Recreation Area: You can also convert a garage into a recreational area, such as a gymnasium, a home cinema, or a gaming room. No matter whether it is an integral, attached, or detached garage, transforming it into a recreational space can easily boost the overall market value of your house.
Benefits of Converting your Garage Space
Converting the garage space for any of the above-mentioned uses or for any other use that you have in mind prevents you from investing in home addition projects or sacrificing the limited space in your home. As said, it can help you to add more value to your home, and would certainly attract more potential buyers to the property in case you plan to sell it in the future. Besides, you can always convert the garage into an extra room and rent the space for some added income too. So even if you do not plan to sell your home any time soon, the investment on garage conversion is sure to pay off by adding convenience and value to your house. Below are some of the underlying benefits of converting your garage space.
- It helps you to achieve your goals – You can easily convert the garage space into a useable area to kick-start your dream business. Be it a home office, an art studio, a salon, or a boutique, you can easily achieve your goals with the virtually endless possibilities of garage conversion.
- It allows you to be more creative – When converting the garage space into a living room or a bedroom, you can easily try the latest home décor and interior design ideas on it that you always wanted. You might go for a different paint color or install fixtures in the extra room to explore your creative side.
- It helps to add more living space – If your family is growing and if you feel like you are running out of living space, a garage conversion can easily help you to deal with the situation. Providing you enough living space in the house, garage conversion also helps you to avoid the expenses of buying and moving into a new property.
- It allows you to include utilities – You can easily include drainage installations and/or gas pipes in the garage when you convert it into an extra living space. This allows you to install any home appliances in the room as needed, thereby adding to the usability of the converted space.
- It is an affordable home remodeling project – Garage conversions are quick and easy, and it does not require much effort to turn a garage into a living space. You just need to hire a reliable home remodeling Los Angeles services provider and tell them how you want the garage space to be converted. They would do the required inspection of the house and offer a quick solution to your needs.